Israeli deputy FM Danny Ayalon plays “the Great Dictator”
By Ein Katzenfreund | Aletho News | January 13, 2010
The Israeli government is convinced that the world does not understand the true nature of the regime of Tel-Aviv. The Israeli Foreign Ministry has therefore decided to clarify the true character of the regime in Tel Aviv to the world. To that end the Israeli deputy Foreign Minister, Daniel Ayalon, summoned the Turkish ambassador to Israel, Oguz Çelikkol, to give him a note of protest over an episode of the Turkish espionage drama Valley of the Wolves, and Turkish criticism of Israel. Israel News reports how the Israeli representative behaved:
“In accordance with orders from Lieberman, Ayalon meant to humiliate the ambassador. He called him into a room in his Knesset office and not to the Foreign Ministry in order to ‘reprimand’ him,” the article noted.
The reporters who arrived in order to cover the meeting on Monday had asked Ayalon and Celikkol to shake hands, however the former refused. “The important thing is that they see he’s sitting lower and we’re up high and that there’s only one flag, and you see we’re not smiling,” Ayalon muttered in Hebrew with the embarrassed Turkish envoy next to him.
This footage was then shown on the Israeli prime time news and Israeli newspapers ran front page stories with the picture showing the humiliation of the Turkish ambassador. Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman is reportedly very comfortable with the behavior of his deputy.
In response Turkey summoned Israel’s ambassador to Ankara demanding Israel apologize, and Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan commented on the incident saying Israeli attitudes offending Turkey “will always get a response.” Erdogan likely knows that he can deal more harshly with Israel now because after this incident a harsh reply will not only be backed by the majority of the Islamic population of Turkey in solidarity with their suppressed Muslim brothers in Palestine, but also by the proud nationalists of the Turkish military.
It’s easy for the world to understand the Israeli message. This way of humiliating state guests is well known. Charlie Chaplin has shown in his well known film “The Great Dictator” ironically how Hitler tried to humiliate his guest by placing him on a specially low chair.
Israeli deputy FM Danny Ayalon has simply played Hitler’s role exactly. So the Israeli message is very clear: the Israeli government wants the world to know that it is acting as stupid as Hitler in his worst parody. To clarify that Danny Ayalon speaks for Israel as a whole, the Israeli flag was prominently placed on the table.
Meanwhile in Tehran nuclear physics scientist Massoud Ali-Mohammadi was murdered with a remotely controlled booby-trapped motorbike blast which pretty much looks like the work of assassinations trained by the Israeli Mossad.
The author manages a German language news blog at – http://www.mein-parteibuch.com/
2 Comments »
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
or go to
Ibrahim Hewitt | MEMO | 22 August 2011
… Who are the real “terrorists”, the occupiers or the occupied? This is an important question, so important in fact, that politicians and the media are afraid to answer it. But when my wife’s friend and her mother email us to say that they were “hiding under the bed trying to shut out the terrifying noise of the bombs”, it is a question to which we are entitled to expect an honest answer. … Read full article
Aletho News Exclusive Content
This article will examine some of the connections between the US and UK National Security apparatus and the appearance of the anthropogenic global warming (AGW) theory beginning after the accident at Three Mile Island. … continue
Also by Aletho News:
November 13, 2011
September 19, 2011
March 8, 2011
January 2, 2011
October 10, 2010
July 5, 2010
February 25, 2010
February 7, 2010
January 5, 2010
December 26, 2009
December 19, 2009
December 4, 2009
May 9, 2009
- UPDATE WITH VIDEO: 13 year-old boy shot at by settlers, tortured by soldiers, denied medical attention May 20, 2013
- ‘Church of Scotland report challenging Jews’ ‘Divine Right’ to Palestine unchanged’ May 20, 2013
- ‘Former US drone pilot quits, regretting bombing innocents, including children’ May 20, 2013
- Syria seizes Israeli army vehicle used by insurgents in al-Qusayr May 20, 2013
- ‘Russian arms defend Syria’ May 19, 2013
- Spying on the media and the US Congress: The AP seizures May 19, 2013
- Gilad Atzmon on Synagogues and Rationality May 20, 2013
- Clevor Trever (sax solo) - Gilad Atzmon/The Blockheads - Jazz Cafe 15/12/12 May 20, 2013
- Egypt to Gaza; The Gate and The Key May 17, 2013
- Boston and Venezuela: Terrorism There and Here May 1, 2013
Looking for something?
This site is provided as a research and reference tool. Although we make every reasonable effort to ensure that the information and data provided at this site are useful, accurate, and current, we cannot guarantee that the information and data provided here will be error-free. By using this site, you assume all responsibility for and risk arising from your use of and reliance upon the contents of this site.
This site and the information available through it do not, and are not intended to constitute legal advice. Should you require legal advice, you should consult your own attorney. Materials accessible from or added to this site by third parties, such as comments posted, are strictly the responsibility of the third party who added such materials or made them accessible and we neither endorse nor undertake to control, monitor, edit or assume responsibility for any such third-party material.
The posting of stories, commentaries, reports, documents and links (embedded or otherwise) on this site does not in any way, shape or form, implied or otherwise, necessarily express or suggest endorsement or support of any of such posted material or parts therein.
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more info go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Visits Since December 2009
- 1,461,316 hits
Contact:atheonews (at) gmail.com
- CIA: An Idea Whose Time Has Gone May 20, 2013
- Effort afoot at public television to deep-six hard-hitting “Nuclear Savage” documentary? May 20, 2013
- Church of Scotland Report Challenging Jews’ ‘Divine Right’ to Palestine Unchanged May 20, 2013
- Henrique Capriles: The Prefabricated Leader May 20, 2013
- NYPD Cops Arrest Woman Recording Them, Apparently Stealing Wrong Memory Card May 20, 2013
- US robots, Israeli drones to help make 2014 World Cup in Brazil ‘one of safest sporting events ever’ May 20, 2013
- Israel’s ‘illegal’ military entry permit bars selected visitors from West Bank – report May 20, 2013
- Kibbutz residents attack Bedouin village in the Negev May 20, 2013
- Bob Marley “War” May 19, 2013
- On Ambassador Sherman’s Testimony on Iran May 19, 2013
- UPDATE WITH VIDEO: 13 year-old boy shot at by settlers, tortured by soldiers, denied medical attention May 19, 2013
- UPDATE: Woman arrested in Hebron is accused of stone throwing by a settler May 19, 2013
- UPDATE: Cousins of teenager murdered at checkpoint arrested May 18, 2013
- Photo essay: Israeli soldiers sing “We wish your whole village would burn down” to residents of Nabi Saleh May 18, 2013
TagsAfghanistan Africa Al-Manar American Civil Liberties Union Benjamin Netanyahu Canada Central Intelligence Agency CIA Egypt European Union France Gaza Hamas Hebron Honduras Hugo Chávez Human rights International Atomic Energy Agency International Middle East Media Center International Solidarity Movement Iran Iraq Israel Israeli settlement Jerusalem Latin America Lebanon Middle East NATO New York Times Obama Pakistan Palestine Palestinian prisoners in Israel Press TV Russia Sanctions against Iran Saudi Arabia Syria Turkey United Nations United States Venezuela West Bank Zionism