Green Party conference calls for revocation of JNF UK charitable status
The annual conference of the Green Party of England and Wales this weekend passed a motion endorsing the Stop the JNF campaign and calling for the Jewish National Fund to have its charitable status revoked in the UK.
Motion passed at the Green Party of England and Wales Spring conference on 26th February 2012
- The Green Party of England and Wales condemns the Jewish National Fund for its activities in excluding non-Jews from Israeli land and denounces the organisation for claiming to be an ecological agency.
- The GPEW endorses the international call for action against the JNF and supports efforts to revoke its charitable status in the UK.
- The GPEW will add its name to the list of signatories of the ‘Stop the JNF Campaign’.(http://www.stopthejnf.org/).
As I reported last week, the campaign against the JNF (led by the Palestinian BDS National Committee, the International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network and Scottish Palestine Solidarity Campaign) has been making impressive gains recently.
The Green Party has now followed the lead of the Scottish Green Party who made a similar move in October last year. The move is the latest blow to the JNF, which is accused by Palestinian citizens of Israel of ethnic cleansing and maintaining a system of land-apartheid that discriminates against non-Jews. The JNF describes itself as “the caretaker of the land of Israel, on behalf of its owners — Jewish people everywhere”.
Read the full Stop the JNF press release for more details.
- Stop the JNF campaign makes steady gains as Israel charity goes “on the retreat” in UK (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Israel’s war of attrition, waged on non-Jews (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Make the world a better place: Sign these two petitions. (emilylhauserinmyhead.wordpress.com)
No comments yet.