UK aids Jewish group with taxpayer money
Hindu group says the cloudy financing of the government-led A Year of Service project is ‘unacceptable’
The British government has granted a lavish £65,000 of taxpayers’ money to a Jewish group to fund its religious charity work as part of a government-led program while other participants were told they had to dip into their own pockets.
A Hindu group, which has now pulled out of A Year of Service program over the program’s questionable finances, said officials at the Department of Communities and Local Government (DCLG) “stonewalled” its inquiries about the project’s finances.
A Year of Service program was launched in January to encourage all religious and non-religious groups to engage in charity work during 2012.
Different groups including, the Hindu Sewa Day charity, were told they have to fund their own initiatives as individual projects will not be funded by the government.
However, Sewa Day, which represented the Hindu community in the government-led program, said a DCLG letter to the Hindu Forum of Britain back in March shows the government has allocated £65,000 to the Jewish group Mitzvah Day to organize its work around the project.
Chairman of Sewa Day Arup Ganguly said the government claimed the funding has been made to the Jewish group for the management of the government’s project but his requests for the details of the proposed spending were snubbed raising questions about the “transparency” of A Year of Service finances.
“We are committed to the highest levels of accountability and transparency, and it’s unacceptable that the Department for Communities and Local Government isn’t too,” Ganguly said.
“We don’t have a problem if taxpayer monies are being utilized for the benefit of all groups taking part and their underlying communities but despite asking we have been told that we will not receive any detailed answers. This is unacceptable,” he added.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
No comments yet.
or go to
A Review of Schlomo Sand’s How I Stopped Being a Jew by Kevin Barrett
What does it mean to be a Jew?
Unproblematically, it can mean professing the Jewish religion and participating in its rites, symbols, and discourses. In this sense, being a Jew simply means adhering to Judaism, just as being a Muslim or Christian or Buddhist means adhering to Islam, Christianity, or Buddhism.
Yet there are many self-styled Jews who do not profess the religion of Judaism – or any religion. What can this possibly mean? … continue
Aletho News Exclusive Content
This article will examine some of the connections between the US and UK National Security apparatus and the appearance of the anthropogenic global warming (AGW) theory beginning after the accident at Three Mile Island. … continue
Also by Aletho News:
September 19, 2011
March 8, 2011
January 2, 2011
October 10, 2010
July 5, 2010
February 25, 2010
February 7, 2010
January 5, 2010
December 26, 2009
December 19, 2009
December 4, 2009
May 9, 2009
- Human Rights Defender Abdallah Abu Rahma receives guilty verdict from military court October 21, 2014
- Family home and five other structures demolished by Israeli military October 20, 2014
- Palestinian man successfully harvests olives for the first time in 14 years October 20, 2014
- Palestinians dismantle illegal settler outpost October 18, 2014
- Mosque burnt in apparent price tag attack October 15, 2014
- ISIS and the USA: Expansion and Resistance by Decapitation September 26, 2014
Looking for something?
TagsAfghanistan Africa al-Akhbar Al-Manar American Civil Liberties Union American Israel Public Affairs Committee Argentina Bashar al-Assad Benjamin Netanyahu Brazil Britain Canada Central Intelligence Agency China CIA Colombia East Jerusalem Egypt European Union FBI Federal Bureau of Investigation France Fukushima Gaza Germany Hamas Hebron Hezbollah Honduras Hugo Chávez Human rights India Intelligence International Atomic Energy Agency International Middle East Media Center International Solidarity Movement Internet Iran Iraq Iraq War Israel Israeli settlement Japan Jerusalem John Kerry Latin America Lebanon Libya Ma'an Middle East National Security Agency NATO New York Times NSA Obama Pakistan Palestine Palestinian prisoners in Israel Police Press TV Russia Sanctions against Iran Saudi Arabia South America Syria Turkey UK Ukraine United Nations United States USA Venezuela Washington Post West Bank Zionism
richard123456columbi… on Ukrainian Government Used Clus… masteradrian on More Police Departments than P… masteradrian on Protesters challenge Israeli b… masteradrian on High-Level NSA Official Tied T… Esau on Obama considers [officially] a… alfatah69 on MH17 FULLY EXPOSED stuartbramhall on A Deafening Silence Whatever Happened to… on Whatever Happened to that Iran… Occams on Whatever Happened to that Iran… Whatever Happened to… on Whatever Happened to that Iran… 5 dancing shlomos on Now Monbiot is smearing the BB… princepsip on No breakthrough in Milan talks… Sandy on Street Demonstrations In 21 Eu… ADMINISTRATOR on Maduro Hands Over Land Titles… 0jr on Street Demonstrations In 21 Eu…
Visits Since December 2009
- 1,906,191 hits
Contact:atheonews (at) gmail.com
- Polish ex-foreign minister backtracks on scandalous claim that Putin offered to divide Ukraine October 21, 2014
- Obama’s Ebola Czar Thinks There’s Too Many People in Africa October 21, 2014
- Ukrainian Government Used Cluster Bombs Against Civilians October 21, 2014
- Protesters challenge Israeli basketball tour in Ohio, Oregon October 21, 2014
- Human Rights Defender Abdallah Abu Rahma receives guilty verdict from military court October 21, 2014
- The Troubling Arguments from the Government in Smith v. Obama October 21, 2014
- Alaska National Guard allowed recruiters to rape, embezzle, sell steroids: report October 21, 2014
- High-Level NSA Official Tied To Husband’s Private Signals Intelligence Business, Has A Second Business That Owns A Plane October 21, 2014
- More Police Departments than Previously Thought Use Portable Surveillance Systems to Spy on almost Everyone October 21, 2014
- Obama considers [officially] allowing torture overseas October 20, 2014
- Prepare Your Children for “a Lifetime of Surveillance” October 20, 2014
- Kiev denies German intel claim that militia captured BUK missile from Ukraine army October 20, 2014
- US Army withheld promise from Germany that Ebola virus wouldn’t be weaponized October 20, 2014
- Macy’s stops stocking SodaStream October 20, 2014
- How money from pro-Israel donors controls Westminster October 20, 2014
- Press TV reporter killed in Turkey car crash after ‘spying accusations’ October 20, 2014
- Ukraine and Russia agree on $385 gas price for 5 months October 20, 2014
- Germany’s BND ‘evidence’ on MH17 tragedy looks like another disinformation operation October 20, 2014
Categories"Hope and Change" Aletho News Civil Liberties Corruption Deception Economics Environmentalism Ethnic Cleansing, Racism, Zionism False Flag Terrorism Full Spectrum Dominance Illegal Occupation Islamophobia Mainstream Media, Warmongering Malthusian Ideology, Phony Scarcity Militarism Nuclear Power Science and Pseudo-Science Solidarity and Activism Subjugation - Torture Supremacism, Social Darwinism Timeless or most popular Video War Crimes Wars for Israel
This site is provided as a research and reference tool. Although we make every reasonable effort to ensure that the information and data provided at this site are useful, accurate, and current, we cannot guarantee that the information and data provided here will be error-free. By using this site, you assume all responsibility for and risk arising from your use of and reliance upon the contents of this site.
This site and the information available through it do not, and are not intended to constitute legal advice. Should you require legal advice, you should consult your own attorney.
Nothing within this site or linked to by this site constitutes investment advice or medical advice.
Materials accessible from or added to this site by third parties, such as comments posted, are strictly the responsibility of the third party who added such materials or made them accessible and we neither endorse nor undertake to control, monitor, edit or assume responsibility for any such third-party material.
The posting of stories, commentaries, reports, documents and links (embedded or otherwise) on this site does not in any way, shape or form, implied or otherwise, necessarily express or suggest endorsement or support of any of such posted material or parts therein.
The word "alleged" is deemed to occur before the word "fraud." Since the rule of law still applies. To peasants, at least.
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more info go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
This is information for anyone that wishes to challenge our “fair use” of copyrighted material.
If you are a legal copyright holder or a designated agent for such and you believe that content residing on or accessible through our website infringes a copyright and falls outside the boundaries of “Fair Use”, please send a notice of infringement by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will respond and take necessary action immediately.
If notice is given of an alleged copyright violation we will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material(s) in question.
All 3rd party material posted on this website is copyright the respective owners / authors. Aletho News makes no claim of copyright on such material.