Israeli occupation authorities renew MP Omar Abdel Razek’s administrative detention
RAMALLAH — Israeli occupation authorities renewed the administrative detention of the MP for the district of Salfit Dr. Omar Abdel Razek for six months for the third time in a row and three days before his release.
Ahrar center for prisoner studies and human rights denounced the renewal decision, where the Centre’s Director, Fouad Khuffash, told PIC that Razek was arrested in 2011 without charge or trial, and that he spent more than four years in occupation prisons after he was elected as a member of the legislative Council and during his time as Palestinian Minister of Finance.
The former lecturer at al-Najah university, Razek’s administrative detention has been renewed for three times, in addition to the arrest of his son Mohammed, a student at al-Najeh University, without trial or charge at Megiddo prison few days before his final exams.
Furthermore, the occupation has also arrested his daughter’s fiancé 22 days ago, just one month before his wedding.
Ahrar center quoted the detainee’s wife as saying that the prison administration prevented her and the detainee’s mother from visiting him under security pretexts.
Um Said, the prisoner’s wife, urged human rights organizations and members of legislative assemblies in the world to intervene immediately and urgently for the release of her husband and all the Palestinian MPs.
- Israeli occupation authority renews administrative detention of MP Rejoub for fourth time (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- IOA extends illegal administrative detention of MP Fuqaha (occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com)
- An Hour Before Release, Prisoner Transferred to Administrative Detention (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Mansour: Safadi’s administrative detention renewal is a violation of agreement (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Occupation renews MPs’ administrative detention (occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com)
- IOA extends administrative detention of municipal council member (occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com)
- Take action for Palestinian prisoner Akram Al-Rikhawi! (windowintopalestine.blogspot.com)
- Outrage as Israel breaks prisoner agreement (altahrir.wordpress.com)
No comments yet.