Con Coughlin making up stuff about Iran and the MI6 again
Con Coughlin of the Daily Telegraph reports that the Revolutionary Guard are overseeing a “huge expansion of Iran’s nuclear program” — and as proof he cites the NCRI which he fails to mention is one of the many pseudonyms of the MKO/MEK terrorists.
Having just recently had lost a lawsuit against him and his paper brought by the Turks (Coughlin had falsely accused Turkish Prime Minister, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan of receiving $25 milion from Iran for his election) Con was quick to return to making-up bullshit about Iran.
[R]eaders of the Sunday Telegraph were regaled with a dramatic story about the son of Col Gadafy of Libya and his alleged connection to a currency counterfeiting plan. The story was written by Con Coughlin, the paper’s then chief foreign correspondent, and it was falsely attributed to a “British banking official”. In fact, it had been given to him by officers of MI6, who, it transpired, had been supplying Coughlin with material for years.
Of course the lawsuit has not fazed Coughlin or the Telegraph even a tiny bit and he’s back to his usual tricks. Note the most recent allegations he promoted in an article entitled “MI6 chief Sir John Sawer: ‘We foiled Iranian nuclear weapons bid‘:
Sir John Sawers said that covert operations by British spies had prevented the Iranians from developing nuclear weapons as early as 2008…It is extremely rare for the head of MI6 to disclose details of operations by the intelligence service.
Boy, kinda spooky, huh? It implies that in 2008 Iran was about to get a nuke, but the James Bondesque MI6 stepped in and foiled their dastardly plan. Problem is, that’s not what Sawer said at all. Of course, the MI6 deleted the recording to make sure no one would know what was actually said…or because the acoustics were really bad just as the MI6 claims.