Stateless Rohingya… Running on Empty
By SuthepKritsanavarin | January 12, 2012
Rohingyas, the ethnic Muslim minority in Burma, are treated as aliens and discriminated in their own country despite their continued existence there for centuries. They face systematic oppression of forced labor, arbitrary arrest, and land confiscation. Only Rohingyas must apply for travel passes even to go to the next village less than a mile away. So, they cannot go to mosques for prayer or to marry or even study or work. Only Rohingyas, but not Buddhist Arakanese, face exorbitant and outrageous taxation for land, property, and activities such as repairing houses, marrying someone, and giving birth. Thus, they are without human and civil rights. They live in fear and without freedom.
- Democracy and slaughter in Myanmar: Gold Rush overrides Human Rights (alethonews.wordpress.com)
No comments yet.
or go to
From the Archives
Speech delivered in 2009 by Nadine Rosa-Rosso
The massive demonstrations in European capitals and major cities in support of the people of Gaza highlighted once again the core problem: the vast majority of the Left, including communists, agrees in supporting the people of Gaza against Israeli aggression, but refuses to support its political expressions such as Hamas in Palestine and Hezbollah in Lebanon.
The Left not only refuses to support them, but also denounces them and fights against them. Support for the people of Gaza exists only at a humanitarian level but not at the political level.
Concerning Hamas and Hezbollah; the Left is mainly concerned with the support these groups have amongst the Arab masses, but are hardly interested in the fact that Israel’s clear and aggressive intention is to destroy these resistance movements. From a political point of view we can say without exaggeration that the Left’s wish (more or less openly admitted) follows the same line as the Israeli government’s: to liquidate popular support for Hamas and Hezbollah. … continue
Aletho News Exclusive Content
This article will examine some of the connections between the US and UK National Security apparatus and the appearance of the anthropogenic global warming (AGW) theory beginning after the accident at Three Mile Island. … continue
Also by Aletho News:
September 19, 2011
March 8, 2011
January 2, 2011
October 10, 2010
July 5, 2010
February 25, 2010
February 7, 2010
January 5, 2010
December 26, 2009
December 19, 2009
December 4, 2009
May 9, 2009
- Interim PM pledges to bring Tunisia out of political crisis December 20, 2013
- Eight charged in sweeping Turkish corruption case December 20, 2013
- Saudi Arabia beheads 77th man this year for smuggling pills December 20, 2013
- Deadly bombings target Iraqi market, cemetery December 20, 2013
- Saboteurs blow up oil pipeline in eastern Yemen December 20, 2013
- Iraq executes seven convicted on terrorism charges December 19, 2013
- Washington Shakes Hands With Al-Qaeda Ally in Syria December 19, 2013
- Tunisian rapper Weld el 15 acquitted December 19, 2013
- Istanbul police chief sacked for his role in anti-corruption action December 19, 2013
- Jerusalem Residents Omitted From History December 19, 2013
- Israeli naval forces chased Palestinian fishermen and confiscated their fishing equipment in the Gaza waters December 19, 2013
- Interview with Hashem Azzeh: “They want me to move but I will never give up, we are still fighting until we get our freedom” December 18, 2013
- At Gaza sit-in for detainees, Um Rami and Um Dia’a hope sons will be released next week December 17, 2013
Categories"Hope and Change" Aletho News Civil Liberties Corruption Deception Economics Environmentalism Ethnic Cleansing, Racism, Zionism False Flag Terrorism Full Spectrum Dominance Illegal Occupation Islamophobia Mainstream Media, Warmongering Malthusian Ideology, Phony Scarcity Militarism Nuclear Power Science and Pseudo-Science Solidarity and Activism Subjugation - Torture Supremacism, Social Darwinism Timeless or most popular Video War Crimes Wars for Israel
Looking for something?
This site is provided as a research and reference tool. Although we make every reasonable effort to ensure that the information and data provided at this site are useful, accurate, and current, we cannot guarantee that the information and data provided here will be error-free. By using this site, you assume all responsibility for and risk arising from your use of and reliance upon the contents of this site.
This site and the information available through it do not, and are not intended to constitute legal advice. Should you require legal advice, you should consult your own attorney.
Nothing within this site or linked to by this site constitutes investment advice or medical advice.
Materials accessible from or added to this site by third parties, such as comments posted, are strictly the responsibility of the third party who added such materials or made them accessible and we neither endorse nor undertake to control, monitor, edit or assume responsibility for any such third-party material.
The posting of stories, commentaries, reports, documents and links (embedded or otherwise) on this site does not in any way, shape or form, implied or otherwise, necessarily express or suggest endorsement or support of any of such posted material or parts therein.
The word "alleged" is deemed to occur before the word "fraud." Since the rule of law still applies. To peasants, at least.
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more info go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
This is information for anyone that wishes to challenge our “fair use” of copyrighted material.
If you are a legal copyright holder or a designated agent for such and you believe that content residing on or accessible through our website infringes a copyright and falls outside the boundaries of “Fair Use”, please send a notice of infringement by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will respond and take necessary action immediately.
If notice is given of an alleged copyright violation we will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material(s) in question.
All 3rd party material posted on this website is copyright the respective owners / authors. Aletho News makes no claim of copyright on such material.
Visits Since December 2009
- 1,628,938 hits
Contact:atheonews (at) gmail.com
- Inside Guantanamo December 20, 2013
- Kirk-Menendez-Schumer Wag the Dog Act of 2014 December 19, 2013
- Senate panel approves aid to military governments December 19, 2013
- Spinning Iran’s Centrifuges: A Quick Lesson in Alarmism December 19, 2013
- Palestinian media forum condemns NBC plan to produce drama series in Jerusalem December 19, 2013
- The Poor Man’s Sheep December 19, 2013
- Debating the Holocaust: A New Look At Both Sides December 19, 2013
- US tests another nuclear-capable missile December 19, 2013
- Brazil ditches Boeing jets, grants $4.5 bln contract to Saab December 18, 2013
- The Left and Support for Islamist Anti-Colonial Resistance December 18, 2013
- Alain Finkielkraut, Jews, and Immigration December 20, 2013
- Hot Off The Press: Mandela received weapons training from Mossad December 20, 2013
- The Palestine Comedy Show - Concealment & Truth December 18, 2013
- Gaza drowning …and under power and media blackout December 17, 2013
- The Sycophantic Palestinian Solidarity Movement December 17, 2013
- Is someone in Press TV covering for Israel? December 17, 2013
TagsAfghanistan Africa al-Akhbar Al-Manar American Civil Liberties Union American Israel Public Affairs Committee Argentina Bashar al-Assad Benjamin Netanyahu Brazil Britain Canada Central Intelligence Agency China CIA Colombia East Jerusalem Egypt European Union FBI Federal Bureau of Investigation France Free Syrian Army Gaza George W. Bush Germany Gilad Atzmon Hamas Hebron Hezbollah Honduras Hugo Chávez Human rights India Intelligence International Atomic Energy Agency International Middle East Media Center International Solidarity Movement Internet Iran Iraq Iraq War Israel Israeli settlement Japan Jerusalem John Kerry Latin America Lebanon Libya Ma'an Middle East National Security Agency NATO New York Times NSA Obama Pakistan Palestine Palestinian National Authority Palestinian prisoners in Israel Press TV Russia Sanctions against Iran Saudi Arabia South America Syria Turkey UK United Nations United States USA Venezuela West Bank Zionism
Site infoAletho News
The Andreas04 Theme.