237 Israeli soldiers commit suicide in ten years: Report
At least 237 Israeli soldiers have commit suicide over the past ten years, a report says.
According to secret data released by the Israeli military, an average of 24 troops decide to take their own lives every year, Israeli daily Haaretz reported on Thursday.
According to the report, an annual average of 40 Israeli army forces also killed themselves between 1990 and 2000.
The official data regarding the suicide rate had been released for the first time by an unknown Israeli blogger, who was later investigated by Israeli police.
The blogger also found out that the real number of suicides in the Israeli army had been much greater than what the official data show.
The Israeli newspaper Maariv published an article in 2003, saying that suicide had been the number one cause of death in the Israeli army.
The Israeli ministry for military affairs recently reported that the number of Israeli soldiers who commit suicide exceeds that of those killed in battles.
No comments yet.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
or go to
From the Archives
“Responsibility to Protect” as Imperial Tool
By JEAN BRICMONT | February 20, 2012
… The main failure of the United Nations has not been that it did not stop dictators from murdering their own people, but that it failed to prevent powerful countries from violating the principles of international law: the United States in Indochina and Iraq, South Africa in Angola and Mozambique, Israel in its neighboring countries, Indonesia in East Timor, not to speak of all the coups, threats, embargoes, unilateral sanctions, bought elections, etc. Many millions of people lost their lives because of such repeated violation of international law and of the principle of national sovereignty. … Read full article
Aletho News Exclusive Content
This article will examine some of the connections between the US and UK National Security apparatus and the appearance of the anthropogenic global warming (AGW) theory beginning after the accident at Three Mile Island. … continue
Also by Aletho News:
November 13, 2011
September 19, 2011
March 8, 2011
January 2, 2011
October 10, 2010
July 5, 2010
February 25, 2010
February 7, 2010
January 5, 2010
December 26, 2009
December 19, 2009
December 4, 2009
May 9, 2009
- Illinois illegally seizes bees resistant to Monsanto’s roundup; kills remaining queens May 26, 2013
- Why aren’t Israeli F-16s over Beirut headline news? May 26, 2013
- Palestine: Pal. girl run over, 200 wounded in IOF fire over three days, home, land bulldozed & arrests May 26, 2013
- Eton college’s exam asks boys to justify army shooting protesters dead May 26, 2013
- Bahraini condemnations following kidnap, torture of Rida al-Ghasra & court acquits two policemen of killing protester May 26, 2013
- Myanmar imposes two-child limit on Rohingya Muslims & massacre of students, terrorized and killed May 26, 2013
- [Video] An interview with Professor James Petras May 25, 2013
Categories"Hope and Change" Aletho News Civil Liberties Corruption Deception Economics Environmentalism Ethnic Cleansing, Racism, Zionism False Flag Terrorism Full Spectrum Dominance Illegal Occupation Islamophobia Mainstream Media, Warmongering Malthusian Ideology, Phony Scarcity Militarism Nuclear Power Science and Pseudo-Science Solidarity and Activism Subjugation - Torture Supremacism, Social Darwinism Timeless or most popular Video War Crimes Wars for Israel
Looking for something?
This site is provided as a research and reference tool. Although we make every reasonable effort to ensure that the information and data provided at this site are useful, accurate, and current, we cannot guarantee that the information and data provided here will be error-free. By using this site, you assume all responsibility for and risk arising from your use of and reliance upon the contents of this site.
This site and the information available through it do not, and are not intended to constitute legal advice. Should you require legal advice, you should consult your own attorney. Materials accessible from or added to this site by third parties, such as comments posted, are strictly the responsibility of the third party who added such materials or made them accessible and we neither endorse nor undertake to control, monitor, edit or assume responsibility for any such third-party material.
The posting of stories, commentaries, reports, documents and links (embedded or otherwise) on this site does not in any way, shape or form, implied or otherwise, necessarily express or suggest endorsement or support of any of such posted material or parts therein.
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more info go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Visits Since December 2009
- 1,466,302 hits
Contact:atheonews (at) gmail.com
- Little Support in Washington for Kerry’s Mideast Efforts May 26, 2013
- Still Getting Gitmo Wrong May 26, 2013
- Sanctifying nuclear hazards May 26, 2013
- Collateral Consequences Weighed for Corporations, Not for Individuals May 26, 2013
- Myanmar imposes two-child limit on Rohingya Muslims May 26, 2013
- Mideast Masters of Jazz May 26, 2013
- Another 7-year old girl injured in Jewish settler hit and run vehicular assault May 26, 2013
- Iran blasts US for meddling remarks on election May 26, 2013
- Canadian prime minister makes promises amid deepening scandal May 26, 2013
- IMF chief escapes indictment in corruption case May 26, 2013
- Life in Hebron disrupted by another settler “tour” May 26, 2013
- “We will stand in front of the bulldozers” – Beit Dajan homes threatened with demolition May 25, 2013
- Kafr Qaddum – Blocked from life’s basics; pushed back when doing something about it May 25, 2013
- Photo essay: Gas, frisbees and the Apartheid Wall in Ni’lin May 24, 2013
TagsAfghanistan Africa Al-Manar American Civil Liberties Union Benjamin Netanyahu Canada Central Intelligence Agency CIA Egypt European Union France Gaza Hamas Hebron Honduras Hugo Chávez Human rights International Atomic Energy Agency International Middle East Media Center International Solidarity Movement Iran Iraq Israel Israeli settlement Jerusalem Latin America Lebanon Middle East NATO New York Times Obama Pakistan Palestine Palestinian prisoners in Israel Press TV Russia Sanctions against Iran Saudi Arabia Syria Turkey United Nations United States Venezuela West Bank Zionism
aletho on Canadian prime minister makes… B.Benhamid on Mideast Masters of Jazz B.Benhamid on Canadian prime minister makes… B.Benhamid on Iran blasts US for meddling re… skulzstudios on Ocean of corruption in Sp… B. Benhamid on Kafr Qaddum – Blocked from lif… B. Benhamid on Obama Distorts ‘Just War’… Lissakrhumanelife on Colombia: extrajudicial execut… skulzstudios on What an Anonymous U.S. Officia… skulzstudios on Jewish settlers injure childre… traducteur on Church of Scotland Report Chal… Goliath on US government admits to killin… Goliath on ‘Never in his life… Dr. Ernesto Cantina on The Role of the United States… Ribeekah Grant on Church of Scotland Report Chal…