A group of armed extremist Israeli settlers of the Avraham Avino illegal Israeli settlement, invaded a Palestinian home in the southern West Bank city of Hebron, and attacked two family members including an eight years old child on Wednesday.
The settlers initially hurled stones and empty bottles at the home of Nidal Al-Oweiwy, and climbed on its rooftop before invading the home through it roof door, the Arabs48 news website reported.
The extremist settlers then proceeded to attack Sally, Nidal’s 8-year-old daughter, and his son Sa’id, leading to various cuts and bruises.
They also destroyed the homes’ furniture and shattered the glass of several doors and windows in addition to damaging the water tanks on its rooftop.
Local sources reported that, Israeli soldiers deployed in the area, did not attempt to stop the settlers.
This is not the first attack against the home, and a number of nearby homes, as the settlers are trying to occupy them.
It is worth mentioning that, several days ago, another son of Nidal, identified as Tha’er, 20, who was kidnapped by the army, was released and forced under house arrest after the army forced his father to pay a 4000 NIS fine.
The family of Al-Oweiwy said that despite all attacks and violations practiced against them by the army and the extremist settlers, they will never leave their home and will never sell it to the settlers.
Settler groups repeatedly tried to force the family into selling their home to them, and when the family refused, the settlers started attacking their home in an attempt to scare them away, local sources said.
- Jewish Settlers Deface Mosque Near Hebron (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Soldiers Physically Attack Palestinian Youth In Hebron (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Jewish Settlers Empty Palestinian Well, Flood Farmlands (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Hebron: Over 30 detained (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- French activist injured as Israeli troops attack Hebron (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Jewish Settler’s Vehicle Rams Child in Hebron Hit and Run (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Hebron man walks down street for first time in years (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Four Residents, Including Two Children, Kidnapped By The Army In Hebron (imemc.org)
- Settler attack in Aqraba leaves 3 injured, 1 hospitalized (alethonews.wordpress.com)