US drones kill 9 civilians in Somalia
US drone attacks have left at least 9 civilians dead and 30 others wounded in Somalia, Press TV reports.
Senior Al-Shabaab leaders said that the drone attacks were carried out early on Thursday in the outskirts of Kismayu town, killing nine women and children and wounding 30 others.
Kismayu, which is located 528 kilometers south of Mogadishu, is the largest Somali port controlled by al-Shabab.
Over the past few weeks, numerous US remote-controlled drones have crashed in Somalia.
Somalia is the sixth country where the US military has used pilotless aircraft to conduct deadly bombing strikes.
1 Comment »
or go to
From the Archives
By Maram Susli | New Eastern Outlook | November 27, 2014
Many mainstream media websites helped a fake video go viral this month. The video showing a young Syrian boy running through sniper fire to save a little girl, was exposed as a fake when the Norwegian producer Lars Klevberg made the fact public. One of the stated aims of the Norwegian film makers was to “see how the media would respond to a fake video.” This article examines how that experiment went.
The western press very quickly accepted the video as real and used it to support the US administration’s narrative on Syria. Many top US news sources began to spread the story. Even though the producer said he explicitly added big hints that the video was fake, like the children surviving multiple gun shots.
Propagating false stories on Syria, is nothing new for the western press. … continue
Aletho News Original Content
By Aletho News | January 9, 2012
This article will examine some of the connections between the US and UK National Security apparatus and the appearance of the anthropogenic global warming (AGW) theory beginning after the accident at Three Mile Island. … continue
Also by Aletho News:
March 8, 2011
February 25, 2010
February 7, 2010
December 26, 2009
December 4, 2009
May 9, 2009
Visits Since December 2009
- 2,808,989 hits
Follow Aletho News on TwitterMy Tweets
Brian Harry, Austral… on Colombian Human Rights Leader… Brian Harry, Austral… on US-led coalition air raids bre… Brian Harry, Austral… on From Mumia to Peltier, US Poli… roberthstiver on The Balancing Act is Over traducteur on The Balancing Act is Over Greg Bacon on The DNC Hands the Democratic P… Brian Harry, Austral… on Why Palestinian Children Throw… coinherence on Zionist Extremism as Product o… Leonor Arango on US military boosts weapons air… Brian Harry, Austral… on Lost legacy: How Barack Obama… roberthstiver on After the WaPost’s Latest Shot… aurora on NOAA’s Tornado Fraud aletho on Beyond Physics: Advanced Biolo… Greg Bacon on Beyond Physics: Advanced Biolo… Jerry Alatalo on 8 richest people as wealthy as…
- Colombian Human Rights Leader Assassinated January 18, 2017
- US-led coalition air raids breach Syria sovereignty: Cuba January 18, 2017
- Marine Le Pen: Crimea Was Never Ukrainian, I Will Recognize Crimea as Part of Russia January 18, 2017
- From Mumia to Peltier, US Political Prisoners Still Locked Up January 18, 2017
- Obama’s achievement: Whitewashing permanent warfare with eloquence January 18, 2017
- Bashing Trump’s Justifiable Outrage Over Disgraceful Press Coverage January 18, 2017
- BBC’s Laura Kuenssberg ‘misreported’ Corbyn story… but no evidence of bias, says Trust January 18, 2017
- Regime Change Comes Home: The CIA’s Overt Threats against Trump January 18, 2017
- Israeli Bedouin Kills Border Policeman Ethnically-Cleansing His Village January 18, 2017
- Syria Rejects Qatar, Saudi Chairs in Astana Talks: No Place for Terrorism Sponsors January 18, 2017
- There Is No Anti Semitism in Britain January 18, 2017
- Why Palestinian Children Throw Stones January 18, 2017
- ‘Trump: Kremlin Candidate?’: BBC doc becomes MSM manual to ‘verified’ journalism January 18, 2017
- The Balancing Act is Over January 18, 2017
- The DNC Hands the Democratic Party Over to David Brock and Billionaire Donors January 17, 2017
- US military boosts weapons airdrops to Syrian opposition – reports January 17, 2017
- Trump’s Remaking of US Foreign Policy January 17, 2017
- Lost legacy: How Barack Obama deliberately destroyed the US-Russia relationship January 17, 2017
- United States: Regime change comes home January 18, 2017
- Negotiations in Astana are a timid ray of hope to stop the Syrian conflict January 17, 2017
- The Entire World is “Fake News” January 16, 2017
- EU imports 15 times more from illegal Israeli settlements than from Palestinians January 15, 2017
- Regime Change Comes Home: The CIA’s Overt Threats against Trump January 17, 2017
Looking for something?
Categories"Hope and Change" Aletho News Book Review Civil Liberties Corruption Deception Economics Environmentalism Ethnic Cleansing, Racism, Zionism False Flag Terrorism Full Spectrum Dominance Illegal Occupation Islamophobia Mainstream Media, Warmongering Militarism Nuclear Power Science and Pseudo-Science Solidarity and Activism Subjugation - Torture Supremacism, Social Darwinism Timeless or most popular Video War Crimes Wars for Israel
Tags9/11 Afghanistan Africa AIPAC al-Qaeda Argentina BBC Benjamin Netanyahu Brazil Canada Central Intelligence Agency China CIA Colombia Cuba Da’esh Donald Trump Egypt EU European Union FBI Federal Bureau of Investigation France Gaza Germany Hamas Hebron Hezbollah Hillary Clinton Honduras Human rights India International Atomic Energy Agency International Solidarity Movement Iran Iraq Iraq War ISIL ISIS Israel Israeli settlement Japan Jerusalem John Kerry Latin America Lebanon Libya Mexico Middle East Military National Security Agency NATO New York Times NSA Obama Pakistan Palestine Police Press TV Qatar Russia Sanctions against Iran Saudi Arabia Syria Turkey UK Ukraine United Nations United States USA Venezuela Washington Post West Bank Yemen Zionism
Contact:atheonews (at) gmail.com
This site is provided as a research and reference tool. Although we make every reasonable effort to ensure that the information and data provided at this site are useful, accurate, and current, we cannot guarantee that the information and data provided here will be error-free. By using this site, you assume all responsibility for and risk arising from your use of and reliance upon the contents of this site.
This site and the information available through it do not, and are not intended to constitute legal advice. Should you require legal advice, you should consult your own attorney.
Nothing within this site or linked to by this site constitutes investment advice or medical advice.
Materials accessible from or added to this site by third parties, such as comments posted, are strictly the responsibility of the third party who added such materials or made them accessible and we neither endorse nor undertake to control, monitor, edit or assume responsibility for any such third-party material.
The posting of stories, commentaries, reports, documents and links (embedded or otherwise) on this site does not in any way, shape or form, implied or otherwise, necessarily express or suggest endorsement or support of any of such posted material or parts therein.
The word "alleged" is deemed to occur before the word "fraud." Since the rule of law still applies. To peasants, at least.
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more info go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
This is information for anyone that wishes to challenge our “fair use” of copyrighted material.
If you are a legal copyright holder or a designated agent for such and you believe that content residing on or accessible through our website infringes a copyright and falls outside the boundaries of “Fair Use”, please send a notice of infringement by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will respond and take necessary action immediately.
If notice is given of an alleged copyright violation we will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material(s) in question.
All 3rd party material posted on this website is copyright the respective owners / authors. Aletho News makes no claim of copyright on such material.
Site infoAletho News
Blog at WordPress.com.