Israel to build 1,028 new illegal settler units
Israel has unveiled tenders for the construction of 1,028 new illegal settlement units in East al-Quds (Jerusalem) and the occupied West Bank.
The new settlement buildings include 500 units in the Har Homa neighborhood of East al-Quds, 348 in the Beitar Ilit settlement near Bethlehem, and 180 in the Givat Ze’ev settlement in the West Bank.
Israeli officials said the settlement units were being marketed “as a follow-up to the Palestinian UN membership bid in September.”
Acting Palestinian Authority chief Mahmoud Abbas submitted an “application of the state of Palestine for admission to membership in the United Nations” to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon on September 23.
The tenders are part of a 6,000-unit package that is scheduled to be constructed across Israel and the West Bank.
Israel has repeatedly been criticized by the international community for illegal settlement activities on the occupied Palestinian land.
On December 12, Israel approved the construction of 40 settlement units and a farm in two new settler communities in the West Bank.
In November, Israel decided to speed up the building process of the settlement units in response to the UNESCO vote.
Between October 2010 and July 2011, the construction of 2,598 new illegal housing units started in all areas in the West Bank.
1 Comment »
or go to
From the Archives
Staggering Health Consequences of Sugar on Health of Americans
By Dr. Gary Null | Global Research | February 3, 2014
In September 2013, a bombshell report from Credit Suisse’s Research Institute brought into sharp focus the staggering health consequences of sugar on the health of Americans. The group revealed that approximately “30%–40% of healthcare expenditures in the USA go to help address issues that are closely tied to the excess consumption of sugar.”The figures suggest that our national addiction to sugar runs us an incredible $1 trillion in healthcare costs each year. The Credit Suisse report highlighted several health conditions including coronary heart diseases, type II diabetes and metabolic syndrome, which numerous studies have linked to excessive sugar intake. … continue
Aletho News Exclusive Content
This article will examine some of the connections between the US and UK National Security apparatus and the appearance of the anthropogenic global warming (AGW) theory beginning after the accident at Three Mile Island. … continue
Also by Aletho News:
September 19, 2011
March 8, 2011
January 2, 2011
October 10, 2010
July 5, 2010
February 25, 2010
February 7, 2010
January 5, 2010
December 26, 2009
December 19, 2009
December 4, 2009
May 9, 2009
- Journal: House demolition in East Jerusalem April 27, 2015
- In photos: Demonstration in Nabi Saleh April 26, 2015
- Israeli military training critically damaging to Palestinian farmers April 25, 2015
- Israeli forces shoots six, teenager shot in the eye in Kafr Qaddum April 25, 2015
- Home demolition in Jerusalem: “Tomorrow, I don’t know if I have a place to sleep.” April 20, 2015
TagsAfghanistan Africa al-Akhbar Al-Manar al-Qaeda American Civil Liberties Union American Israel Public Affairs Committee Argentina Bashar al-Assad Benjamin Netanyahu Brazil Britain Canada Central Intelligence Agency China CIA Colombia Egypt EU European Union FBI Federal Bureau of Investigation France Gaza Germany Hamas Hebron Hezbollah Honduras Hugo Chávez Human rights India Intelligence International Atomic Energy Agency International Solidarity Movement Internet Iran Iraq Iraq War Israel Israeli settlement Japan Jerusalem John Kerry Latin America Lebanon Libya Middle East Military National Security Agency NATO New York Times NSA Obama Pakistan Palestine Palestinian prisoners in Israel Police Press TV Russia Sanctions against Iran Saudi Arabia South America Syria Turkey UK Ukraine United Nations United States USA Venezuela Washington Post West Bank Yemen Zionism
Visits Since December 2009
- 2,114,038 hits
Contact:atheonews (at) gmail.com
Recent Aletho News Posts
- What Happened to $1.3 Billion of Taxpayer Money Sent Directly to U.S. Military Officers in Afghanistan? Pentagon won’t Say April 27, 2015
- Israel main impediment to universality of NPT: Zarif April 27, 2015
- Argentina: A Case Study of Israel’s Zionist-Wall Street Destabilization Campaign April 27, 2015
- Long Beach Police Shoot & Kill Unarmed Teen Through Window For Graffiti On Abandoned Building April 27, 2015
- Iranian researchers produce anti-cancer nano-drug April 27, 2015
- The Trans-Pacific Sellout April 26, 2015
- Fighting for bread and social justice in Egypt April 26, 2015
- The Media Fall for Hillary Clinton’s Gensler Gambit April 26, 2015
- City and State Pension Funds Pay Billions in Undisclosed Fees to Private Equity Companies April 26, 2015
- Facebook’s Internet.org, the Anti-Net Neutrality in Action April 26, 2015
- GOP presidential hopefuls woo big donors in Las Vegas April 26, 2015
- Merkel Knew German Intelligence Was Spying on German Companies for US April 26, 2015
- Missouri Police Officer Tackles and Arrests Man Strolling Through Neighborhood for Not Providing ID April 26, 2015
- Fear mongering, the ISIS gambit and Zionist recruitment April 26, 2015
- Israeli military training critically damaging to Palestinian farmers April 25, 2015
- Embracing the Saudi War on Yemen April 25, 2015
- London Police Use Tear Gas on Protesters in Anti-Gentrification Rally April 25, 2015
- U.S. Funded Industrial Park in Afghanistan Found With Only One Business and No Electricity . . . And Missing Records April 25, 2015
Looking for something?
Categories"Hope and Change" Aletho News Civil Liberties Corruption Deception Economics Environmentalism Ethnic Cleansing, Racism, Zionism False Flag Terrorism Full Spectrum Dominance Illegal Occupation Islamophobia Mainstream Media, Warmongering Malthusian Ideology, Phony Scarcity Militarism Nuclear Power Science and Pseudo-Science Solidarity and Activism Subjugation - Torture Supremacism, Social Darwinism Timeless or most popular Video War Crimes Wars for Israel
This site is provided as a research and reference tool. Although we make every reasonable effort to ensure that the information and data provided at this site are useful, accurate, and current, we cannot guarantee that the information and data provided here will be error-free. By using this site, you assume all responsibility for and risk arising from your use of and reliance upon the contents of this site.
This site and the information available through it do not, and are not intended to constitute legal advice. Should you require legal advice, you should consult your own attorney.
Nothing within this site or linked to by this site constitutes investment advice or medical advice.
Materials accessible from or added to this site by third parties, such as comments posted, are strictly the responsibility of the third party who added such materials or made them accessible and we neither endorse nor undertake to control, monitor, edit or assume responsibility for any such third-party material.
The posting of stories, commentaries, reports, documents and links (embedded or otherwise) on this site does not in any way, shape or form, implied or otherwise, necessarily express or suggest endorsement or support of any of such posted material or parts therein.
The word "alleged" is deemed to occur before the word "fraud." Since the rule of law still applies. To peasants, at least.
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more info go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
This is information for anyone that wishes to challenge our “fair use” of copyrighted material.
If you are a legal copyright holder or a designated agent for such and you believe that content residing on or accessible through our website infringes a copyright and falls outside the boundaries of “Fair Use”, please send a notice of infringement by contacting email@example.com.
We will respond and take necessary action immediately.
If notice is given of an alleged copyright violation we will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material(s) in question.
All 3rd party material posted on this website is copyright the respective owners / authors. Aletho News makes no claim of copyright on such material.