Gaza: Boy Dies of Wounds Sustained on Monday; Jet Fighters Bomb Gaza City
Seven year-old, Baraka Al Mughrabi, died, on Wednesday midday, after succumbing to wounds he sustained during an Israeli air raid targeting Gaza City on Monday. His death brings the death toll due to Israeli military escalations targeting the coastal enclave since last Friday to 26.
The latest round of escalation started after the Israeli army assassinated, on Friday, the leader of the armed Popular Resistance Committees in Gaza and his assistant. Palestinian sources announced today that among those 26 killed were five elderly men, two women and five children. 80 people in total were injured some lie in critical conditions.
Meanwhile on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning Israeli jet fighters violated the Egyptian mediated truce and conducted air raids targeting a number of locations in Gaza city. One of the targeted buildings was a wood factory. The factory was totally destroyed, no injuries reported.
Cairo announced on Tuesday that a ceasefire deal was reached between Israel and Palestinian groups in Gaza ending five days of escalation in the coastal enclave. According to Cairo Israel will stop attacks and extra judicial assassinations while Palestinian resistance will halt home-made shell fire from Gaza.
Meanwhile Israeli army officials dubbed the Egyptian mediated truce “fragile” adding that Palestinian groups may violate the truce deal. Yesterday Palestinian groups announced that they will resume firing home-made Qassam shells into Israeli towns near Gaza if Israel does not keep its end of the deal.
- No pretense of an excuse for continued Israeli attacks on Gaza (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Israeli attacks kill 12 Palestinians, wound 21 (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Gaza truce declared as Israel hails new missile defense (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- 5 killed, 46 injured in fourth day of Gaza airstrikes (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Israeli Forces Open Fire at Gaza Funeral, Injure Five (alethonews.wordpress.com)