Megiddo prison administration blocks visits to hunger strikers
RAMALLAH — The administration of the Israeli Megiddo prison has blocked visits by lawyers to their clients in the jail as a punishment for going on hunger strike.
Human rights sources said that the administration cited trivial pretexts such as that detained hunger strikers were very weak and could not walk to the visitation room.
They said that lawyer Fawzi Shalloudi demanded a written explanation for preventing him from seeing the hunger strikers since Israeli law does not ban those prisoners from meeting their lawyers.
He said that the officer in-charge in the jail said that Shalloudi could not see the two prisoners, who are on hunger strike, because they could not walk, and added that he would not ask them whether they would like to see the lawyer because, as he said, “I am not a postman”.
- Hana Shalabi – Palestinian hunger striker ‘at risk of death’ highlights injustice of administrative detention (worldwright.wordpress.com)
- Palestinian hunger striker Hana Shalabi hospitalized (alethonews.wordpress.com)
No comments yet.
or go to
From the Archives
By Denis Rancourt | Dissident Voice | May 26, 2015
The human animal has an instinct to identify potential dangers and to warn others. It is a built-in survival mechanism of any animal that lives in a group. And it is a strong and constant activity, re-enforced by environmental stressors.
This plays out on several time scales, from the immediate in the case of a potential physical assault, to the weekly in checking the weather forecast, to seasonal in preparing for winter, to life-long in planning for inevitable aging, to leaving good things for our grandchildren…
It is in our fiber to look ahead and to plan ahead, especially in the face of foreseeable or detected dangers.
The whole process can spin out of control when the danger is difficult to perceive, yet could be lethal. Think of baboons who are on the lookout for a stalking lion. The slightest shadow movement can make them scream and run for the trees. It’s a tense and highly volatile situation.
At this stage in our evolution we are faced with a pathological extension of our collective survival reflex, which is entirely fabricated by our high priests (government funded scientists and talking heads).
If these high priests were not here to tell us that the atmospheric concentration of the minor constituent CO2 is increasing, and that “global mean surface temperature” has increased by some 0.5 C in the last 100 years, then we would never know about these imperceptible causes of our certain eventual collective death as a species.
The priests explain that our certain extinction will occur from a rising sea level and changing regional climates. That these changes will cause mass migrations, ecosystem collapses, agricultural failures, famines, and disease. They also inform us that those who will suffer most are the most vulnerable inhabitants of the planet, as though this were a new feature of the effects of natural disasters.
Therefore, they urge, we must tax carbon emissions, apply cap and trade, and create a global carbon economy to limit CO2 in the atmosphere. And who better to coordinate it all than the World Bank, IMF, and such, given their stellar records in managing equitable development on this little rock. (Or is that economic enforcement of US regime supremacy?) … continue
Aletho News Exclusive Content
This article will examine some of the connections between the US and UK National Security apparatus and the appearance of the anthropogenic global warming (AGW) theory beginning after the accident at Three Mile Island. … continue
Also by Aletho News:
March 8, 2011
February 25, 2010
February 7, 2010
December 26, 2009
December 4, 2009
May 9, 2009
Visits Since December 2009
- 2,771,863 hits
Follow Aletho News on TwitterMy Tweets
qureshimazhar on UK think tank covertly funded… Werner K on PayPal Serves Illegal Israeli… aletho on US Mulls Pulling Out of Iran… roberthstiver on US Mulls Pulling Out of Iran… roberthstiver on Trump’s Son-In-Law Funds Israe… aletho on US Mulls Pulling Out of Iran… Brian Harry Australi… on Social media companies begin c… michael\\ on US Mulls Pulling Out of Iran… Wallflower on Israeli nationalists undermine… elmerfudzie on Climategate: Never Forget (Pre… Brian Harry Australi… on Dutch intel probed right-wing… Brian Harry Australi… on Israel Appoints Eyal Karim as… Greg Bacon on Israel Appoints Eyal Karim as… Brian Harry Australi… on Israel Appoints Eyal Karim as… Brian Harry Australi… on Make No Mistake: Russia Remain…
- Russia Awaits From Germany Specific Details on Arms Control Deal Initiative December 7, 2016
- UK think tank covertly funded by Bahrain royal family – leaked papers December 7, 2016
- US Policymakers Propose Working Closer with ISIS’ Sponsors December 7, 2016
- Social media companies begin collaboration to fight online “extremism” December 6, 2016
- Trump’s Son-In-Law Funds Israeli Settlement Projects December 6, 2016
- US Mulls Pulling Out of Iran Deal December 6, 2016
- Join now: ISM-Training in England! December 6, 2016
- ‘Poroshenko fuels war & corruption with IMF money’ – fugitive Ukrainian MP to RT December 6, 2016
- Israeli nationalists undermine meaning of ‘remembering the Holocaust’ December 6, 2016
- Ukrainian officers charged with deliberate shelling of Russian territory December 6, 2016
- Fake News Versus No News December 6, 2016
- Chosen Leaders, Proven Failures, and Political Debacles December 6, 2016
- Moscow slams West for staying silent on Russian hospital bombing December 6, 2016
- Climategate: Never Forget (President-elect Trump hasn’t) December 6, 2016
- New report reveals spread of US war on Al-Qaeda to six new countries December 5, 2016
- Dutch intel probed right-wing Geert Wilders over Israel ties – report December 5, 2016
- The Person Who Deciphered the Order to Shoot at Kent State December 5, 2016
- ‘Opposition backers bear responsibility for militants’ attack on Russian hospital in Aleppo’ December 5, 2016
- Red-Baiting, Putin-Scaremongering Democrats Are Now Suddenly Worried About Offending China December 6, 2016
- Two Russian paramedics killed in rebel attack on mobile hospital in Aleppo December 6, 2016
- Will Vietnam embrace China after Trump elected? December 5, 2016
- Spectator editor to RT: “We are in danger of being the boy who cried ‘Propaganda!’” December 5, 2016
- Chosen Leaders, Proven Failures and Political Debacles December 5, 2016
- Join now: ISM-Training in England! December 6, 2016
- New checkpoints, access control-buildings and street-signs in the historical center of Hebron December 6, 2016
- Umm al-Hiran, a village off the maps December 2, 2016
Looking for something?
Categories"Hope and Change" Aletho News Book Review Civil Liberties Corruption Deception Economics Environmentalism Ethnic Cleansing, Racism, Zionism False Flag Terrorism Full Spectrum Dominance Illegal Occupation Islamophobia Mainstream Media, Warmongering Militarism Nuclear Power Science and Pseudo-Science Solidarity and Activism Subjugation - Torture Supremacism, Social Darwinism Timeless or most popular Video War Crimes Wars for Israel
Tags9/11 Afghanistan Africa AIPAC al-Qaeda Argentina BBC Benjamin Netanyahu Brazil Canada Central Intelligence Agency China CIA Colombia Cuba Da’esh Donald Trump Egypt EU European Union FBI Federal Bureau of Investigation France Gaza Germany Hamas Hebron Hezbollah Hillary Clinton Honduras Human rights India International Atomic Energy Agency International Solidarity Movement Iran Iraq Iraq War ISIL ISIS Israel Israeli settlement Japan Jerusalem John Kerry Latin America Lebanon Libya Mexico Middle East Military National Security Agency NATO New York Times NSA Obama Pakistan Palestine Police Press TV Qatar Russia Sanctions against Iran Saudi Arabia Syria Turkey UK Ukraine United Nations United States USA Venezuela Washington Post West Bank Yemen Zionism
Contact:atheonews (at) gmail.com
This site is provided as a research and reference tool. Although we make every reasonable effort to ensure that the information and data provided at this site are useful, accurate, and current, we cannot guarantee that the information and data provided here will be error-free. By using this site, you assume all responsibility for and risk arising from your use of and reliance upon the contents of this site.
This site and the information available through it do not, and are not intended to constitute legal advice. Should you require legal advice, you should consult your own attorney.
Nothing within this site or linked to by this site constitutes investment advice or medical advice.
Materials accessible from or added to this site by third parties, such as comments posted, are strictly the responsibility of the third party who added such materials or made them accessible and we neither endorse nor undertake to control, monitor, edit or assume responsibility for any such third-party material.
The posting of stories, commentaries, reports, documents and links (embedded or otherwise) on this site does not in any way, shape or form, implied or otherwise, necessarily express or suggest endorsement or support of any of such posted material or parts therein.
The word "alleged" is deemed to occur before the word "fraud." Since the rule of law still applies. To peasants, at least.
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more info go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
This is information for anyone that wishes to challenge our “fair use” of copyrighted material.
If you are a legal copyright holder or a designated agent for such and you believe that content residing on or accessible through our website infringes a copyright and falls outside the boundaries of “Fair Use”, please send a notice of infringement by contacting email@example.com.
We will respond and take necessary action immediately.
If notice is given of an alleged copyright violation we will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material(s) in question.
All 3rd party material posted on this website is copyright the respective owners / authors. Aletho News makes no claim of copyright on such material.
Site infoAletho News
Blog at WordPress.com.