Jewish settlers attack Palestinian farmer and his children
AL-KHALIL — Jewish settlers attacked a 67-year-old Palestinian farmer while tending to his field along with his family in Beit Ummar, to the north of Al-Khalil, on Saturday morning.
Mohammed Awad, the coordinator of the popular committee in Beit Ummar, told Quds Press that Mohammed Salibi, 67, was tending to his farm along with his sons and daughters when suddenly dozens of masked settlers from the nearby settlement of Beit Ayin ran toward them while throwing rocks.
He said that he rushed to protect his children, who were panicked, and took them away to their home leaving his tractor behind.
Salibi said that the savage attack progressed under the very eyes of the Israeli occupation soldiers (IOF), who maintain constant presence in the area and occupy high watchtowers that enable them watch whatever is going on nearby but did not move to protect him or his family.
Elsewhere in Al-Khalil, IOF soldiers kidnapped a Palestinian shepherd near Susiya settlement while watching for his sheep that were grazing nearby.
Ratib Al-Jibour, the coordinator of the popular committee in Yatta town, said that an IOF unit kidnapped Hammad Nawaja, 33, after claiming that he tried to cut the barbed wire near the settlement.
- Eight children from Beit Ummar facing suspension from their village of residence (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Israeli settlers ‘put new homes on Beit Ummar land’ (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Under Attack – the Golani Brigade’s war on the Palestinian population of Al-Khalil/Hebron (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Israeli occupation authority destroys Spanish-financed power station in Al-Khalil village (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Settlers Install New Outpost Near Hebron (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- International activists assaulted by extreme settlers in Al Khalil (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Official: Israeli settlers tour Beit Ummar (altahrir.wordpress.com)