Jerusalem Day: Marching Over History
On Wednesday, 8 May 2013, Israel held its annual Jerusalem Day celebration, commemorating its annexation of East Jerusalem and the Old City during the 1967 Six-Day War.
Israeli settlers marched through East Jerusalem neighborhoods carrying Israeli flags and singing, celebrating and asserting their control of what is internationally recognized as the capital of any viable future Palestinian state.
Settlers marching in and out of the Damascus Gate, located directly alongside the largest Palestinian shopping center in the city, were met with a pro-Palestine counter-demonstration.
Hundreds of Israeli police were on the scene to put down the Palestinian counter-demonstration. Israeli police detained upwards of 18 individuals and beat dozens of others. Among the detainees were minors as well as several photographers.
(All photos by Dylan Collins)
May 13, 2013 - Posted by aletho | Ethnic Cleansing, Racism, Zionism, Illegal Occupation, Subjugation - Torture, Timeless or most popular | Damascus Gate, Human rights, Israel Police, Jerusalem, Jerusalem Day, Palestine, Zionism
1 Comment »
or go to
From the Archives
Does anyone recall this statement: “If I may say so, this is not a court set up to bring to book Prime Ministers of the United Kingdom or Presidents of the United States”?
Those words are from none other than the late Former UK Foreign and Commonwealth Secretary, Robin Cook, live on television.
He had been asked in an interview if the UK did not fear prosecution by the International Criminal Court (ICC) for its actions during and after the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan.
How much more bluntly can it be put? With such a plain explanation from such a powerful man, no one should bother about why the US and its European buddies are not prosecuted for their massive crimes against humanity in the decade that the ICC has been in existence.
Aletho News Exclusive Content
This article will examine some of the connections between the US and UK National Security apparatus and the appearance of the anthropogenic global warming (AGW) theory beginning after the accident at Three Mile Island. … continue
Also by Aletho News:
March 8, 2011
February 25, 2010
February 7, 2010
December 26, 2009
December 4, 2009
May 9, 2009
Visits Since December 2009
- 2,731,464 hits
Follow Aletho News on TwitterMy Tweets
Henry Herskovitz on BDS Changed its Goal Statement… roberthstiver on It’s Time for Answers on… Atlantic’s New Edito… on Abla Saadat: A Palestinian Sta… roberthstiver on Obama should be investigated o… aletho on BDS Changed its Goal Statement… Greg Bacon on Will justice be served to Pale… curiousegypt123 on BDS Changed its Goal Statement… Brian Harry, Austral… on Russia only country in Syria a… Wallflower on Russia only country in Syria a… Wallflower on US Impunity Erodes World … Brian Harry, Austral… on Russia only country in Syria a… Brian Harry, Austral… on BDS Changed its Goal Statement… richard on Teaching Tokyo Independence: R… Brian Harry, Austral… on US Impunity Erodes World … rediscover911com on The Tragedy in Yemen
- ‘Venezuela opposition unable to overthrow Maduro’ October 26, 2016
- It’s Time for Answers on Yahoo’s Email Scanning October 26, 2016
- CNN Celebrates Iraqi Housewife Who ‘Beheaded and Then Cooked the Skulls of ISIS fighters’ October 26, 2016
- Protest against Bahraini king’s visit to Downing Street halted by police October 26, 2016
- Guatemala Indicts Top Ex-Military Men for War Crimes and Rape October 26, 2016
- Obama should be investigated over Clinton’s emails: Trump October 26, 2016
- Europe’s Battle: Nationalists vs. Elites October 26, 2016
- Time for West to stop supporting terrorists – Russian ambassador to US October 26, 2016
- Gambia announces intention to withdraw from International Criminal Court October 26, 2016
- BDS Changed its Goal Statement Once Again October 25, 2016
- US Impunity Erodes World Justice October 25, 2016
- Russia only country in Syria acting under int’l law – German statesman Willy Wimmer October 25, 2016
- Myanmar army forces about 2,000 Rohingyas from homes October 25, 2016
- Teaching Tokyo Independence: Rodrigo Duterte Goes to Japan October 25, 2016
- NGOs Supporting America’s Imperial Ruthlessness in Syria October 25, 2016
- The Tragedy in Yemen October 25, 2016
- Speaking truth to power: The killing of Dag Hammarskjöld and the cover-up October 24, 2016
- “Denial” movie contra David Irving backfires October 24, 2016
- Media Silent as Anti-Corporate Trade Deal Protests Take Europe by Storm October 26, 2016
- Why Trump Might Still Win – If the Vote is not Rigged October 26, 2016
- Pentagon video warns of “unavoidable” dystopian future for megacities October 25, 2016
- Hillary’s ‘Puppet’ Screed October 25, 2016
- Washington’s ‘Pivot to Asia’: A Debacle Unfolding October 24, 2016
- Kafr Qaddum: Peaceful people under violent occupation October 25, 2016
- Protective Presence at Burin olive harvest October 24, 2016
- Settler attacks school-children and orders soldier to assist her October 24, 2016
Looking for something?
Categories"Hope and Change" Aletho News Book Review Civil Liberties Corruption Deception Economics Environmentalism Ethnic Cleansing, Racism, Zionism False Flag Terrorism Full Spectrum Dominance Illegal Occupation Islamophobia Mainstream Media, Warmongering Militarism Nuclear Power Science and Pseudo-Science Solidarity and Activism Subjugation - Torture Supremacism, Social Darwinism Timeless or most popular Video War Crimes Wars for Israel
Tags9/11 Afghanistan Africa AIPAC al-Qaeda Argentina BBC Benjamin Netanyahu Brazil Canada Central Intelligence Agency China CIA Colombia Cuba Da’esh Donald Trump Egypt EU European Union FBI Federal Bureau of Investigation France Gaza Germany Hamas Hebron Hezbollah Hillary Clinton Honduras Human rights India International Atomic Energy Agency International Solidarity Movement Iran Iraq Iraq War ISIL ISIS Israel Israeli settlement Japan Jerusalem John Kerry Latin America Lebanon Libya Mexico Middle East Military National Security Agency NATO New York Times NSA Obama Pakistan Palestine Police Press TV Qatar Russia Sanctions against Iran Saudi Arabia Syria Turkey UK Ukraine United Nations United States USA Venezuela Washington Post West Bank Yemen Zionism
Contact:atheonews (at) gmail.com
This site is provided as a research and reference tool. Although we make every reasonable effort to ensure that the information and data provided at this site are useful, accurate, and current, we cannot guarantee that the information and data provided here will be error-free. By using this site, you assume all responsibility for and risk arising from your use of and reliance upon the contents of this site.
This site and the information available through it do not, and are not intended to constitute legal advice. Should you require legal advice, you should consult your own attorney.
Nothing within this site or linked to by this site constitutes investment advice or medical advice.
Materials accessible from or added to this site by third parties, such as comments posted, are strictly the responsibility of the third party who added such materials or made them accessible and we neither endorse nor undertake to control, monitor, edit or assume responsibility for any such third-party material.
The posting of stories, commentaries, reports, documents and links (embedded or otherwise) on this site does not in any way, shape or form, implied or otherwise, necessarily express or suggest endorsement or support of any of such posted material or parts therein.
The word "alleged" is deemed to occur before the word "fraud." Since the rule of law still applies. To peasants, at least.
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more info go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
This is information for anyone that wishes to challenge our “fair use” of copyrighted material.
If you are a legal copyright holder or a designated agent for such and you believe that content residing on or accessible through our website infringes a copyright and falls outside the boundaries of “Fair Use”, please send a notice of infringement by contacting email@example.com.
We will respond and take necessary action immediately.
If notice is given of an alleged copyright violation we will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material(s) in question.
All 3rd party material posted on this website is copyright the respective owners / authors. Aletho News makes no claim of copyright on such material.
Site infoAletho News
Blog at WordPress.com.